Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 2¼ hours
1 teaspoon ground coriander
¾ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons coconut oil
3 pounds beef stew meat, cubed
Salt and ground black pepper, as required
½ yellow onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 (15-ounce) can sugar-free diced tomatoes
1 medium head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets
1. Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, mix together spices. Set aside.
3. In a large ovenproof pan, heat the oil over medium heat and cook beef with
salt and black pepper for about 10 minutes or until browned from all sides.
4. Transfer the beef into a bowl.
5. In the same pan, add the onion and sauté for about 3-4 minutes.
6. Add the garlic and spice mixture and sauté for about 1 minute.
7. Add the cooked beef, broth and tomatoes and bring to a gentle boil.
8. Immediately cover the pan and transfer into oven.
9. Bake for approximately 1½ hours.
10. Remove from the oven and stir in the cauliflower.
11. Bake, covered for about 30 minutes more or until cauliflower is done
12. Serve hot.