Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 5o minutes
2 pounds beef stew meat, trimmed and cubed into 1-inch size
1 1/3 cups homemade hot low-sodium chicken broth
2 yellow onions, chopped
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
Salt and ground black pepper, as required
3 celery stalks, chopped
1 (8-ounce) package shredded cabbage
1 (6-ounce) can sugar-free tomato sauce
1 (8-ounce) can sugar-free whole plum tomatoes, chopped roughly with
1. Heat a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat and cook the beef for
about 4-5 minutes or until browned.
2. Drain excess grease from the pan.
3. Stir in the broth, onion, bay leaves, Greek seasoning, salt and black pepper
and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat to low and cook, covered for about 1¼ hours.
5. Stir in the celery and cabbage and cook, covered for about 30 minutes.
6. Stir in the tomato sauce and chopped plum tomatoes and cook, uncovered
for about 15-20 minutes.
7. Stir in the salt and remove from heat.
8. Discard bay leaves and serve hot.