Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 55 minutes
1½ pounds beef stew meat, trimmed and chopped
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup homemade tomato puree
4 cups homemade low-sodium beef broth
3 carrots, peeled and sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ tablespoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1. In a large bowl, add the beef cubes, salt, and black pepper, and toss to coat
2. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook the beef cubes
for about 4–5 minutes or until browned.
3. Add in remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
4. Adjust the heat to high and bring to a boil.
5. Now, adjust the heat to low and simmer, covered for about 40–50 minutes.
6. Stir in the salt and black pepper and remove from the heat.
7. Serve hot.