Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
6 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into 1-inch
4 tomatoes, chopped
1 (14-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1. In a large heavy-bottomed pan, heat the oil over medium heat and sauté the
onion for about 3-4 minutes.
2. Add the ginger, garlic, and spices, and sauté for about 1 minute.
3. Add the chicken and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, coconut milk, salt, and black pepper, and bring to gentle
5. Now, adjust the heat to low and simmer, covered for about 10-15 minutes.
6. Stir in the spinach and cook for about 4–5 minutes.
7. Remove from the heat and serve hot.