Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
¼ cup coconut oil
½ cup yellow onion, chopped
1 cup celery stalk, chopped
½ cup green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
4 cups water
4 beef bouillon cubes
20 ounces okra, trimmed and chopped
2 (14-ounce) cans sugar-free diced tomatoes with liquid
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
2 teaspoons red pepper flakes, crushed
¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Salt and ground black pepper, as required
32 ounces catfish fillets
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1. In a large skillet, melt the coconut oil over medium heat and sauté the
onion, celery and bell pepper for about 4-5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large soup pan, mix together bouillon cubes and water
and bring to a boil over medium heat.
3. Transfer the onion mixture and remaining ingredients except catfish into
the pan of boiling water and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat to low and cook, covered for about 30 minutes.
5. Stir in catfish fillets and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
6. Stir in the cilantro and remove from the heat.
7. Serve hot.