Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 hours 10 minutes
2 pounds turkey thigh and leg meat, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
12 ounces fresh button mushrooms
2 scallions, sliced
2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
Salt and ground white pepper, as required
1 cup full-fat coconut milk
2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
½ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
1. Heat a non-stick skillet over high heat and cook the turkey meat for about
4-5 minutes or until browned completely.
2. Transfer the turkey meat into a slow cooker.
3. In the same skillet, heat the oil and sauté the mushrooms and scallion for
about 3-5 minutes.
4. Transfer the mushroom mixture into the slow cooker alongside the thyme,
salt and black pepper.
5. In a bowl, add the coconut milk, mustard and xanthan gum and beat until
6. Add the coconut milk mixture into the slow cooker and stir to combine
7. Set the slow cooker on High and cook, covered for about 3 hours.
8. Uncover and sir in the parsley.
9. Serve hot.