Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cups carrots, peeled and chopped
2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped final
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
2 cups cooked turkey meat, chopped
3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a large soup pan over medium heat and sauté the onion
and carrot for about 6-8 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, cumin and red pepper flakes and cook for about 2-3
3. Add the broth and bring to a boil.
4. Adjust the heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
5. Stir in the chickpeas and simmer for about 5 minutes.
6. Stir in the kale and simmer for 4-5 minutes more.
7. Stir in the lemon juice, salt and black pepper and remove from the heat.
8. Serve hot.